Basic Site Details

Name: Blackwood RC Church
Town, district or village: Blackwood
City or county: Lanarkshire?
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status:  
Grid ref:
Notes: A new Roman Catholic Chapel was opened at Blockwood on Sunday by Archbishop Eyre, of Glasgow. It is Gothic in style, and consists of nave and sanctuary. The architect was Mr William Ingram, of Glasgow. [Building News 24 December 1880 p782]

Building Type Classification

The building is classified under the following categories:
 ClassificationOriginal classification?Notes
Item 1 of 1Church  

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 11880 Opened 

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 3Robert Samson IngramArchitectA1880  
Item 2 of 3W & R S IngramArchitectural practiceA1880  
Item 3 of 3William IngramArchitectA1880  

References

Periodical References

The following periodicals contain references to this building:
 Periodical NameDateEditionPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 1Building News24 December 1880  p782