Basic Site Details

Name: Kilconquhar Parish Church Manse
Town, district or village: Kilconquhar
City or county: Fife
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status: B Listed
Grid ref:
Notes: NB Although HS says that 1850 work is by John Currie, he was too young at this date to be involved; the rebuilding was presumably done by his father, Thomas Currie - mor there may be another John Currie.

Alternative Names

The following alternative names are associated with this building/design:
 NameCurrent name?Notes
Item 1 of 1Hill House  

Building Type Classification

The building is classified under the following categories:
 ClassificationOriginal classification?Notes
Item 1 of 1Manse  

Street Addresses

The following street addresses are associated with this building:
 AddressMain entrance?Notes
Item 1 of 11, Main Street west end of the street

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 718141815Build/construction 
Item 2 of 718501851 Rebuilding
Item 3 of 717 January 1851  Plans approved
Item 4 of 712 June 1851  Tenders accepted
Item 5 of 72 January 1852  Work completed
Item 6 of 71928  New servant's WC
Item 7 of 71968 Alterations and additionsPlans dated for alterations to form kitchen and garage.

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 7Alexander LeslieArchitect 18141815 
Item 2 of 7George JustArchitect, BuilderB18501851Acted as supervisor for reconstruction
Item 3 of 7Thomas CurrieArchitectB1850 Rebuilding - or perhaps John Currie
Item 4 of 7Gillespie & ScottArchitectural practiceC1928 New servant's WC
Item 5 of 7James ScottArchitectC1928 New servant's WC
Item 6 of 7Adam Elliot WatsonArchitectD1968 Alterations to form kitchen and garage.
Item 7 of 7Haxton & WatsonArchitectural practiceD1968 Alterations to form kitchen and garage.

References

Bibliographic References

The following books contain references to this building:
 Author(s)DateTitlePartPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 1Brown, Victoria2003The architectural development of Elie and Earlsferry with special reference to the contribution of Thomas & John Currie St Andrews MA dissertation 2003 (based on burgh plans archive) 

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 5Historic Environment ScotlandListed Buildings Register8507 
Item 2 of 5National Archives of Scotland (formerly SRO)Heritors Records HR 194/2, p45, 12 June 1851 and 2 January 1852
Item 3 of 5National Monuments Record of Scotland/NMRS, RCAHMSHaxton & Watson Collection HW 1910/15/23
Item 4 of 5Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of ScotlandCanmore77487 
Item 5 of 5St Andrews University LibraryJames Gillespie and Scott Archive Bundle no 2147