Basic Site Details

Name: Michael Colliery, Pithead Baths
Town, district or village: East Wemyss
City or county: Fife
Country: Scotland
Grid ref:


The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 21934   
Item 2 of 231 May 1935 Journal referenceTo be built


Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 3Frederick George FrizzellArchitect 1934 With J A Dempster as Chief Architect
Item 2 of 3John Austin DempsterArchitect 1934 As Chief Architect for the Northern Division, Miners' Welfare Commission
Item 3 of 3John Henry ForshawArchitect 1935 In overall charge of Miners' Welfare Commission Architect's Department


Bibliographic References

The following books contain references to this building:
Item 1 of 1Allison, Georgina1994The Miners Welfare Commission and Pithead Baths in Scotland Twentieth Century Society journal, Summer 1, Industrial Architecture, pp 55-64Appendices A & B

Periodical References

The following periodicals contain references to this building:
 Periodical NameDateEditionPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 1Architect and Building News31 May 1935CXLII p258