Basic Site Details

Name: Kilconquhar Parish Church
Town, district or village: Kilconquhar
City or county: Fife
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status:  
Grid ref:
Notes: Heritors Records show that they wanted the church to be copied from the new church at Cockpen, Midlothian which the Dicksons were then building to the designs of Richard Crichton.

Street Addresses

The following street addresses are associated with this building:
 AddressMain entrance?Notes
Item 1 of 1Main StreetYes 

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 31819 Build/constructionOriginal church (Colvin gives 1820-21)
Item 2 of 31867  Alterations
Item 3 of 31968 Alterations and additionsPlans for additions and alterations dated.

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 6R & R DicksonArchitectural practiceD18191821 
Item 2 of 6Richard DicksonArchitectD18191821 
Item 3 of 6Robert DicksonArchitectD18191821 
Item 4 of 6Jesse HallArchitect 1867 Alterations
Item 5 of 6Adam Elliot WatsonArchitectC1968 Additions and alterations.
Item 6 of 6Haxton & WatsonArchitectural practiceC1968 Additions and alterations.

References

Bibliographic References

The following books contain references to this building:
 Author(s)DateTitlePartPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 2Colvin, Howard2008A Biographical Dictionary of British Architects 1600-1840 London: YUP. 4th edition 
Item 2 of 2New Statistical Account of Scotland New Statistical Account of Scotland  ix, p333

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 3National Archives of Scotland (formerly SRO)Heritors RecordsHR 194/2, 194/3HR 194/2, 21 June 1867.
Item 2 of 3National Monuments Record of Scotland/NMRS, RCAHMSHaxton & Watson Collection HW 1910/15/22
Item 3 of 3Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of ScotlandCanmore100395