Basic Site Details

Name: Villa, 1 Queen's Road
City or county: Aberdeen
Country: Scotland
Status: B Listed
Grid ref:

Alternative Names

The following alternative names are associated with this building/design:
 NameCurrent name?Notes
Item 1 of 1St Joseph's RC Primary SchoolYes 

Building Type Classification

The building is classified under the following categories:
 ClassificationOriginal classification?Notes
Item 1 of 1Villa  

Street Addresses

The following street addresses are associated with this building:
 AddressMain entrance?Notes
Item 1 of 11, Queen's RoadYes 


The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 4c. 1880   
Item 2 of 41902  Minor alterations
Item 3 of 41911  Links created to 3 Queen's Cross and 3 Queen's Road
Item 4 of 41923  Links created to 3 Queen's Cross and 3 Queen's Road


Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 6Alexander Marshall MackenzieArchitectAc. 1880 HS attribution
Item 2 of 6James MatthewsArchitectAc. 1880 HS attribution
Item 3 of 6Matthews & MackenzieArchitectural practiceAc. 1880 HS attribution
Item 4 of 6Alexander Marshall MackenzieArchitectB1902 Minor alterations
Item 5 of 6William John DevlinArchitectC1911 Links created to 3 Queen's Cross and 3 Queen's Road
Item 6 of 6William John DevlinArchitectD1923 Links created to 3 Queen's Cross and 3 Queen's Road


Bibliographic References

The following books contain references to this building:
Item 1 of 1Brogden, W A1998Aberdeen: an illustrated architectural guideSecond editionEdinburgh: The Rutland Pressp140

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 2Aberdeen City Archives (Copy in Public Library)Aberdeen Plans Committee Minutes Plans dated 9 June 1902, 7 December 1911 and 1923
Item 2 of 2Historic Environment ScotlandListed Buildings Register20708