Basic Site Details

Name: Lower Craig View Row and Prince Albert Buildings, Terraces of Tenements
Town, district or village: Dumbiedykes
City or county: Edinburgh
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status: Demolished
Grid ref:
Notes:  

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 217 June 1862  Drawings dated
Item 2 of 2June 1877  Repiars and sketch plans and plans drawn up for 'utilising the vacant angle at the north end'

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 4Charles George Hood KinnearArchitectA1862  
Item 2 of 4John Dick PeddieArchitectA1862  
Item 3 of 4Peddie & KinnearArchitectural practiceA1862  
Item 4 of 4William Lambie Moffatt (originally William Lambie Moffat)Architect 1877 Repiars and sketch plans and plans drawn up for 'utilising the vacant angle at the north end'

Clients

The following individuals or organisations have commissioned work on this building/design:
 NameNotes
Item 1 of 1Metropolitan Building AssociationMembers: J D Peddie, Edward Blyth, Richard Hunter, A T Niven and R C Cowan. The Association dissolved in 1870; Peddie owned his share personally until 1875.

References

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 1National Monuments Record of Scotland/NMRS, RCAHMSDick Peddie and McKay Collection DPM/1860/36/1