Basic Site Details

Name: Dunbarney Parish Church
Town, district or village: Bridge of Earn
City or county: Perthshire
Parish: Dunbarney
Grid ref:
Notes: In 1923 the interior of the church was reconstructed and furnished by Laurence Pullar of Dunbarney and his wife, in whose memory a stained glass window was erected by the congregation. That reconstruction removed the east gallery and located the pulpit and communion table at the east end so re-orientating the seating. The pipe organ, built by John Miller, Dundee, was installed in 1929. The North Gallery was converted into a vestry during the building of the adjoining church hall in 2000.

Building Type Classification

The building is classified under the following categories:
 ClassificationOriginal classification?Notes
Item 1 of 1Church  


The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 1Before 1923 Build/construction 


Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 1John Wittet  Before 1923  


Bibliographic References

The following books contain references to this building:
Item 1 of 2  Accessed March 2012
Item 2 of 2Who's Who in Architecture1923