Basic Site Details

Name: Kilrenny Manse
Town, district or village: Kilrenny
City or county: Fife
Country: Scotland
Grid ref:

Alternative Names

The following alternative names are associated with this building/design:
 NameCurrent name?Notes
Item 1 of 2Kilrenny HouseYes 
Item 2 of 2Parish Kirk Manse  


The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 5 May 1875 Addition completed
Item 2 of 51820  Original manse, offices and garden wall
Item 3 of 527 January 1873  Plans accepted for addition
Item 4 of 51925 Alterations and additionsPlans dated for alterations including new drainage system.
Item 5 of 51928  Proposed alterations


Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 5Robert Balfour C1810 Built by William Lees under Balfour's inspection
Item 2 of 5George Smith Birrell  18731875Additions
Item 3 of 5Andrew David Haxton  1925 Alterations including new drainage system.
Item 4 of 5Gillespie & Scott B1928 Proposed alterations
Item 5 of 5James Scott B1928 Proposed alterations


The following individuals or organisations have commissioned work on this building/design:
Item 1 of 1Kirk Session 


Periodical References

The following periodicals contain references to this building:
 Periodical NameDateEditionPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 1St Andrews Preservation Trust Yearbook1866  Article by R G Cant

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 4National Archives of Scotland (formerly SRO)Heritors Records HR 21/2, 27 June 1873, 5 May 1875
Item 2 of 4National Monuments Record of Scotland/NMRS, RCAHMSHaxton & Watson Collection HW 1920/16/1
Item 3 of 4Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of ScotlandCanmore100440 
Item 4 of 4St Andrews University LibraryJames Gillespie and Scott Archive Bundle no 1996