Basic Site Details

Name: St Nicholas Church, St Mary's Crypt under East Church
City or county: Aberdeen
Country: Scotland
Grid ref:

Alternative Names

The following alternative names are associated with this building/design:
 NameCurrent name?Notes
Item 1 of 1Pit vaultYes 


The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 11898 RestorationIncluding furnishings. New font.


Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 2William Kelly  1898 Restoration including furnishings and new font
Item 2 of 2W & J Smith and Kelly A1898 Restoration including furnishings and new font

Related Buildings, Structures and Designs

Parent Structure and Site

This structure is related to the following parent structure or site (click the item to view details):
 Building nameNotes
Item 1 of 1St Nicholas ChurchSt Nicholas comprising:
Centre tower and aisles (entered here with main entry)
St Mary's Crypt under East Church- see separate entry
East Church - see separate entry
West Church - this is by James Gibbs and no entry here at present
Churchyard with gates and screen wall - see separate entry

Monument to Ann Allardyce by John Bacon, 1791. memorial brass to Duncan Liddeld. Died 1613, by Garpard Bruydegoms, Antwerp.

Provost's pew designed by William Crystall, 1724


Bibliographic References

The following books contain references to this building:
Item 1 of 2Sharples, J, Walker, D W and Woodworth, M2015The Buildings of Scotland: Aberdeenshire South and Aberdeen London and New Haven: Yale University Presspp119, 121-3
Item 2 of 2Simpson, W Douglas A tribute offered by the University of Aberdeen to the memory of William Kelly LLD ARSA  p6