Basic Site Details

Name: Aberdeen Ice Company Premises
City or county: Aberdeen
Country: Scotland
Grid ref:
Notes: The buildings have a frontage to Poyernook Road of 131 feet. On the west they stretch along Russel Road for a distance of 165 feet and on the east and south they are shut in by fish curing yards [Builder 22 October 1898 p367]

- plans approved by directors

Alternative Names

The following alternative names are associated with this building/design:
 NameCurrent name?Notes
Item 1 of 1Bon-Accord Ice Company  

Building Type Classification

The building is classified under the following categories:
 ClassificationOriginal classification?Notes
Item 1 of 1Factory  

Street Addresses

The following street addresses are associated with this building:
 AddressMain entrance?Notes
Item 1 of 2Poynernook RoadYes 
Item 2 of 2Russel Road  


The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 223 December 1886  Plans passed
Item 2 of 2October 1898 Plans approvedPlans passed for further work 6 October 1898. Plans approved by Directors, October 1898


Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 2George Coutts A1886  
Item 2 of 2George Coutts B1898 Further work


The following individuals or organisations have commissioned work on this building/design:
Item 1 of 1Bon-Accord Ice and Cold Storage Company LimitedFor 1898 work


Periodical References

The following periodicals contain references to this building:
 Periodical NameDateEditionPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 1Builder22 October 1898  p367 - plans approved by directors

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 1Aberdeen City Archives (Copy in Public Library)Aberdeen Plans Committee Minutes Plans passed 23 December 1886 and 6 October 1898