Basic Biographical Details
|Arthur Gordon Wilson
|Arthur Gordon Wilson was born in Fife in 1882 and studied at University College, Dundee from 1899 with a view to entering the architectural profession. In January 1901 he began an articled apprenticeship to John Murray Robertson in Dundee, and when Robertson died on the 31st of that month his articles were taken over by Robertson's successors, James Findlay and David Smith. At the end of his apprenticeship Wilson remained as an assistant for one year prior to emigrating to Canada in 1906 with fellow architect David Easton Herrald, where Wilson secured a post as assistant to Stevenson & Paterson of Winnipeg. He commenced independent practice there in 1907 in partnership with Herrald. The firm moved to Strathcona, Alberta the following year, and opened a branch office in Edmonton in 1910. The latter seems to have become the main office as 16 Credit Foncier, Edmonton was the address he gave when admitted LRIBA on 24 June 1912, his proposers being John Donald Mills, Godfrey Daniel Bower Shepherd and his teacher at Dundee Technical College, Patrick Hill Thoms. The firm's work incorporated public, commercial, residential and ecclesiastical buildings.
Private and Business Addresses
|The following private or business addresses are associated with this :
|Strathcona, Alberta, Canada
|16, Credit Foncier, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Employment and Training
|The following archives hold material relating to this :
|Source Catalogue No.
|RIBA Archive, Victoria & Albert Museum
|RIBA Nomination Papers
|L v26 no2159