Basic Biographical Details

Name: Arthur William Kenyon
Born: 1885
Died: 1969
Bio Notes: Arthur William Kenyon was born in 1885 and was articled to Henry Leslie Paterson of Sheffield from 1900 to 1905, remaining for a further year as an assistant. In 1906 he moved to the office of Niven & Wigglesworth in London as assistant. The following year he passed the qualifying exam and was admitted ARIBA on 2 December, his proposers being Niven, Wigglesworth and Edward Mitchel Gibbs. He took over David Barclay Niven's interest in the practice after it dissolved in 1926, with an office at 7 John Street, Bedford Row, London. He died in 1969.

Private and Business Addresses

The following private or business addresses are associated with this :
 AddressTypeDate fromDate toNotes
Item 1 of 3Church Cottage, Laleham, London, EnglandPrivate1907 *  
Item 2 of 347a, Russell Road, Kensington, London, EnglandPrivate/business(?)1914 *  
Item 3 of 37, John Street, Bedford Row, London, EnglandBusiness1926(?) *  

* earliest date known from documented sources.

Employment and Training


The following individuals or organisations employed or trained this (click on an item to view details):
 NameDate fromDate toPositionNotes
Item 1 of 1Niven & Wigglesworth19061926Assistant 


RIBA Proposers

The following individuals proposed this for RIBA membership (click on an item to view details):
 NameDate proposedNotes
Item 1 of 3Edward Mitchel Gibbs2 December 1907for Associateship
Item 2 of 3David Barclay Niven2 December 1907for Associateship
Item 3 of 3Herbert Hardy Wigglesworth2 December 1907for Associateship


Bibliographic References

The following books contain references to this :
Item 1 of 3British Architectural Library, RIBA2001Directory of British Architects 1834-1914   
Item 2 of 3Graves, Algernon1905The Royal Academy of Arts: a complete dictionary of exhibitors and their works…1905-6London: Graves and Bell 
Item 3 of 3Who's Who in Architecture1914    

Periodical References

The following periodicals contain references to this :
 Periodical NameDateEditionPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 1Building10 January 1969v216 p2/96