Basic Site Details

Name: Bowling Pavilion
City or county: Edinburgh
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status: C listed
Grid ref:
Notes: The pavilion is situated on Henderland Road, Edinburgh and was designed as a bowling pavilion. It changed to a tennis pavilion before 1931 as tennis courts are evident on the OS map of this date. The pavilion was designed by Menzies and Cockburn, receiving Dean of Guild warrant on 23 October 1902.

Alternative Names

The following alternative names are associated with this building/design:
 NameCurrent name?Notes
Item 1 of 2Family Tennis Club Pavilion  
Item 2 of 2Tennis Pavilion Changed before 1931

Building Type Classification

The building is classified under the following categories:
 ClassificationOriginal classification?Notes
Item 1 of 1Pavilion  

Street Addresses

The following street addresses are associated with this building:
 AddressMain entrance?Notes
Item 1 of 1Henderland Road  

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 123 October 1902 Plans approved 

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 3Alexander W CockburnArchitectA1902  
Item 2 of 3Duncan MenziesArchitectA1902  
Item 3 of 3Menzies & CockburnArchitectural practiceA1902  

References

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 2Edinburgh City ArchivesEdinburgh Dean of Guild Passed approved 23 October 1902
Item 2 of 2Historic Environment ScotlandListed Buildings Register52159