Basic Site Details

Name: Langlands' Foundry Company Limited
City or county: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Parish:  
Status:  
Grid ref:
Notes: Advertiser 20/6/1886

A. E. Duguid, architect, Newmarket, calls for tenders for the erection of the first portion of extensive new premises for Langland's Foundry Company Limited. The buildings are to be erected on 'land adjoining the company's new pipe factory in Grant street, South Melbourne, to which their whole business is to be moved as soon as the erections are completed. The first part consists of the fitting shop and blacksmith's shop, and covers an area oft 330ft. x 90ft.

Building Type Classification

The building is classified under the following categories:
 ClassificationOriginal classification?Notes
Item 1 of 1Factory  

Street Addresses

The following street addresses are associated with this building:
 AddressMain entrance?Notes
Item 1 of 1Grant Street  

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 1June 1886 Tenders invited 

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 1Alexander Eliezer (or Eleazer) DuguidJoinerA1886  

Clients

The following individuals or organisations have commissioned work on this building/design:
 NameNotes
Item 1 of 1Langland 

References

Periodical References

The following periodicals contain references to this building:
 Periodical NameDateEditionPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 1North Melbourne Advertiser20 June 1886   

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 1Courtesy of M KennyInformation sent via 'Contact Us' on website Sent April 2012