Basic Site Details

Name: Glencawdor Distillery
Town, district or village: Nairn
City or county: Nairnshire
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status: Demolished
Grid ref:
Notes: Glencawdor Distillery was founded in 1898 by J. Mill of Nairn, D. McAndie of Inverness and J. MacKillican of Calcutta and was built on the site of the original town mill. Distilling ceased in 1901 when the company went into liquidation. In 1903 the assets were purchased by John Haigh & Co. Production ceased in 1927 and the buildings demolished in 1930

The Highland Council Archive : Nairn Dean of Guild Plans
Plan of New Duty Free Warehouse. C Doig. 1898

Building Type Classification

The building is classified under the following categories:
 ClassificationOriginal classification?Notes
Item 1 of 1Distillery  

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 11898 Build/construction 

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 1Charles Chree DoigArchitect 1898  

References

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 1 The Highland Council Archive Nairn Dean of Guild Plans