|Allan Glen's School||Founded by the Allan Glen's Endowment Scholarship Trust, the school opened in 1853, built on land which Glen had owned on the corner of North Hanover Street and Cathedral Street. It remained here until 1926 when it moved into the building previously occupied by Provanside Public School in North Montrose Street, the original building being retained for technical training.|
In 1958 a new school building was planned on Cathedral Street, adjacent to the existing one and this was opened in 1965. The school was formally closed in 1989, the buildings on Cathedral Street being converted into an annexe for the nearby Glasgow Central College of Commerce. (See separate entry for Allan Glen's Senior Secondary School).
Charles Rennie Mackintosh attended the school