|Renfrew and Clydebank Joint Infectious Diseases Hospital||The Renfrew and Clydebank joint hospital at Blawarthill was recently opened. The building has cost about £10,000 to erect*. To the north there is the administrative block, which contains the matron's and nurses' rooms, the kitchen, and other necessary offices, To the east and west of this block there are three pavilions. The one for the scarlet fever patients contains sixteen beds, as well as an ante-room with six beds; while the enteric fever pavilion has eight beds, and the isolation pavilion six beds. The heating of the various buildings is on the hot water pressure system. The architect was Mr Bryden, of Messrs Clark & Bell, Glasgow; while Mr Henderson, of Messrs Duff & Henderson, was the measurer; and Mr. Lees the clerk of works. [Builder 27 February 1897 p207]|
*Cost: £11,000 (mentioned in A F S Bryden's LRIBA nomination paper)
In 1904-1905 the hospital was extended at a cost of about £9,000 to the designs of Stewart Paterson 14 Blythswood Square Glasgow.