Basic Site Details

Name: Royal Samaritan Hospital, radiological block
Town, district or village: Coplawhill
City or county: Glasgow
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status:  
Grid ref:
Notes:  

Building Type Classification

The building is classified under the following categories:
 ClassificationOriginal classification?Notes
Item 1 of 1Hospital  

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 11933 Build/construction 

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 4David Reekie SmithArchitectA1933  
Item 2 of 4R J Walker, Hardy & SmithArchitectural practiceA1933  
Item 3 of 4Robert James WalkerArchitectA1933  
Item 4 of 4Thomas Charles HardyArchitectA1933  

Related Buildings, Structures and Designs

Parent Structure and Site

This structure is related to the following parent structure or site (click the item to view details):
 Building nameNotes
Item 1 of 1Glasgow Samaritan Hospital for WomenThe Glasgow Samaritan Hospital for Women originally opened in 1886 in a converted house in South Cumberland Street, and moved in 1890 to Kingston House in Tradeston. In 1892 a dispensary and outpatients' department was opened in two converted houses in Paterson Street. These were superseded when this new building was constructed.

Cost of new building: 30,000.

References

Periodical References

The following periodicals contain references to this building:
 Periodical NameDateEditionPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 1Architect and Building News1933Jan-Jun p146