|Pollokshaws CDA Unit 2 housing, police station, library, schools||Shopping centre, police station, library, nursery and primary schools, and housing. Also (Campbell's Nomination Paper) public houses and service trades.|
Housing comprised 1500 dwellings in a mixutre of 16-23 storeys, low blocks of maisonettes (four-five storeys), and two-storey terrace houses. The site was developed generally from south to north, with later infill around the edges. The first development comprised one 20-storey, three 16-storey, two five-storey, and two-four storey blocks. From 1964, the height of the new towers was stepped up to 23 storeys, and the final multi-storey block (a 17-storey slab at the extreme south-west) was not finished until 1974.
Tall blocks in this development were the first 'factory-made' flats in Scotland. Of Bison construction, they were the first large Bison contract in Scotland and were manufactured by Concrete Scotland Ltd in its Falkirk factory.