Basic Site Details

Name: Lochhead Colliery, Pithead Baths
Town, district or village: East Wemyss
City or county: Fife
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status:  
Grid ref:
Notes: These may be the same as the one in East Wemyss which are not associated with a particular colliery in the building journal.

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 21930  Original building
Item 2 of 23 August 1934 Journal referenceExtensions

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 4Frederick George FrizzellArchitect 1930 With J A Dempster
Item 2 of 4John Austin DempsterArchitectA1930 Original building as Chief Architect for the Northern Division, Miners' Welfare Commission
Item 3 of 4John Austin DempsterArchitect 1934 Extensions - with Forshaw in overall charge
Item 4 of 4John Henry ForshawArchitect 1934 Extensions - with J A Dempster as job architect

References

Periodical References

The following periodicals contain references to this building:
 Periodical NameDateEditionPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 1Builder21 June 1935CXXXIX p146