Basic Site Details

Name: Rumgally House
Town, district or village: Kemback
City or county: Fife
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status:  
Grid ref:
Notes:  

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 69 July 1897 Journal referenceRenovation
Item 2 of 61922  Additions
Item 3 of 65 January 1927  Proposed engine room and battery room (plans dated)
Item 4 of 6September 1927  New bathroom - plans dated
Item 5 of 6September 1929  Proposed extension and additions to house
Item 6 of 61933  Addition of servants' hall

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 9David StorrarArchitect 1897 Renovation
Item 2 of 9Gillespie & ScottArchitectural practiceB1922 Additions
Item 3 of 9James ScottArchitectB1922 Additions
Item 4 of 9Gillespie & ScottArchitectural practiceC1927 Proposed engine room and battery room, and new bathroom
Item 5 of 9James ScottArchitectC1927 Proposed engine room and battery room, and new bathroom
Item 6 of 9Gillespie & ScottArchitectural practiceD1929 Proposed extension and additions to house
Item 7 of 9James ScottArchitectD1929 Proposed extension and additions to house
Item 8 of 9Gillespie & ScottArchitectural practiceE1933 Addition of servants' hall
Item 9 of 9James ScottArchitectE1933 Addition of servants' hall

Clients

The following individuals or organisations have commissioned work on this building/design:
 NameNotes
Item 1 of 1Thomas, Bruce BClient for 1922 work

Related Buildings, Structures and Designs

Child Structures

This structure or site has the following component or child structures (click on an item to view details):
 Building NameNotes
Item 1 of 1Rumgally House, cottage 

References

Periodical References

The following periodicals contain references to this building:
 Periodical NameDateEditionPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 1Architect9 July 1897LVIII Supplement, p8

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 1St Andrews University LibraryJames Gillespie and Scott Archive Bundles nos 1758, 1868, 1914, 2036, 2221