Basic Site Details

Name: Links House
Town, district or village: St Andrews
City or county: Fife
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status: C Listed
Grid ref:
Notes:  

Alternative Names

The following alternative names are associated with this building/design:
 NameCurrent name?Notes
Item 1 of 2St Andrews Golf ClubYes 
Item 2 of 2St Andrews Links Club House  

Street Addresses

The following street addresses are associated with this building:
 AddressMain entrance?Notes
Item 1 of 113, The LinksYes 

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 51921  Alterations
Item 2 of 51927  Alterations
Item 3 of 519301933 Conversion to clubhouse
Item 4 of 520 July 1933  Re-opened as clubhouse
Item 5 of 51995 Build/construction 

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 8William Hill WalkerArchitectB1921 Alterations
Item 2 of 8Frank PrideArchitectC1927 Alterations
Item 3 of 8Walker & PrideArchitectural practiceC1927 Alterations
Item 4 of 8William Hill WalkerArchitectC1927 Alterations
Item 5 of 8Frank PrideArchitectD19301934Conversion to clubhouse
Item 6 of 8Walker & PrideArchitectural practiceD19301934Conversion to clubhouse
Item 7 of 8William Hill WalkerArchitectD19301933Conversion to clubhouse
Item 8 of 8The Hurd Rolland Partnership  1995  

References

Bibliographic References

The following books contain references to this building:
 Author(s)DateTitlePartPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 2Clark, Eric1992The 150 years: a history of the St Andrews Golf Club 1843 to 1993   
Item 2 of 2Pride, Glen L1999The Kingdom of Fife2nd EditionThe Rutland Pressp134

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 2Courtesy of Glen PrideInformation sent to DMW sent 2006
Item 2 of 2Historic Environment ScotlandListed Buildings Register48319