Basic Site Details

Name: Houses on south side of Braid Crescent (numbers 36-40)
Town, district or village: Greenbank
City or county: Edinburgh
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status: Unexecuted
Grid ref:
Notes:  

Building Type Classification

The building is classified under the following categories:
 ClassificationOriginal classification?Notes
Item 1 of 1Housing  

Street Addresses

The following street addresses are associated with this building:
 AddressMain entrance?Notes
Item 1 of 236-40, Braid CrescentYesNorth side, at junction with Comiston Road
Item 2 of 2Comiston RoadYesAt junction with Braid Crescent

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 21889  Unexecuted proposals
Item 2 of 21901  Second set of proposals- also unexecuted (approved 1904)

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 3George Beattie & SonArchitectural practiceA1889 Unexecuted proposals
Item 2 of 3William Hamilton BeattieArchitectA1889 Unexecuted proposals
Item 3 of 3George Beattie & SonArchitectural practiceB1891 Second set of proposals - only numbers 36-40 executed

Clients

The following individuals or organisations have commissioned work on this building/design:
 NameNotes
Item 1 of 2Arnot, John Y - builderClient for first unexecuted scheme
Item 2 of 2White, John - builderClient for second scheme

References

Bibliographic References

The following books contain references to this building:
 Author(s)DateTitlePartPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 1Cant, Malcolm1998The District of Greenbank in Edinburgh Edinburgh: Malcolm Cant Publicationsp22

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 1Edinburgh City ArchivesEdinburgh Dean of Guild Plans dated February 1889, approved 1891. Second set approved 29 March 1894