Basic Site Details

Name: Murray Park, feuing
Town, district or village: St Andrews
City or county: Fife
Country: Scotland
Grid ref:
Notes: Jesse Hall only produced the feuing plan; see separate entries for the buildings. There is also a feuing plan in the Gillespie & Scott archive but it is not dated so cannot tell if it is a different area of Muuray Park or simply a copy of the same plan. The Misses Murray were the clients.

Street Addresses

The following street addresses are associated with this building:
 AddressMain entrance?Notes
Item 1 of 1Murray ParkYes 


The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 1c. 1870   


Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 1Jesse HallArchitect 1870  


The following individuals or organisations have commissioned work on this building/design:
Item 1 of 1Murray, Misses, theClient for plan in G&S archive

Related Buildings, Structures and Designs

Child Structures

This structure or site has the following component or child structures (click on an item to view details):
 Building NameNotes
Item 1 of 81 Murray Park 
Item 2 of 811 Murray Park 
Item 3 of 812 and 14 Murray Park 
Item 4 of 820-22 Murray ParkSee also separate entry for 22-24 Murray Park; it is unclear why there is an overlap.
Item 5 of 823, 25 Murray Park 
Item 6 of 84 Murray Park 
Item 7 of 8House for Mr Swann 
Item 8 of 8House in Murray Park 


Bibliographic References

The following books contain references to this building:
Item 1 of 1Evetts, Robin1988Architectural Expansion and Redevelopment in St Andrews, 1810-c.1894 Unpublished PhD thesis, University of St Andrewsp211

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 1St Andrews University LibraryJames Gillespie and Scott Archive Bundle no 326