Basic Site Details

Name: St Paul's Outer High Church, memorial to Professor Charles Gourlay
City or county: Glasgow
Country: Scotland
Grid ref:


The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 1After 1926Before 1930  


Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 1(Professor) William James SmithArchitect After 1926Before 1930 

Related Buildings, Structures and Designs

Parent Structure and Site

This structure is related to the following parent structure or site (click the item to view details):
 Building nameNotes
Item 1 of 1St Paul's Parish ChurchCompetition results. November 1904

1st premium - 50. John McIntyre 8 Brunton Place Edinburgh
2nd Premium - 30 G N Beattie and Morton. 121 St Vincent Street Glasgow
3rd Premium - 20 J A White-Halley. Chelsea London SW

GLASGOW. - For the new St. Paul's Church, to be erected in John-street, with frontages to Little Hamilton-street and Margaret-street, the first premium has been awarded to Mr John M'Intyre, architect, 8, Brunton - place, Edinburgh. The governors of the Glasgow and West of Scotland Technical College paid 15,000 for the old building, with the object of still further extending their new edifice being built in George-street. Of that sum 5,000 was expended on a site, and the balance of 10,000 is to be spent on the new church to be erected. [Building News 25 November 1904 p757]


Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 1RIBA Archive, Victoria & Albert MuseumRIBA Nomination Papers William James Smith: F no2827 (box 12)