Basic Site Details

Name: St Columba's Church
Town, district or village: Elgin
City or county: Morayshire
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status:  
Grid ref:
Notes: Pulpit of 1684 (for St Giles) by carpenters Philip Buchanan and Alexander Moor.

Street Addresses

The following street addresses are associated with this building:
 AddressMain entrance?Notes
Item 1 of 1Moss StreetYes 

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 119051906  

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 2Peter Macgregor ChalmersArchitect 19051906 
Item 2 of 2Keith Edwards B20092011Hall to south added

References

Bibliographic References

The following books contain references to this building:
 Author(s)DateTitlePartPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 3Mackintosh, H B1914Elgin past and present Elginp4-5
Item 2 of 3Royal Glasgow Institute of the Fine Arts1905   490
Item 3 of 3Walker, David W and Woodworth, Matthew2015The Buildings of Scotland: Aberdeenshire North and Moray Yale University Presspp436, 586

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 1Historic Environment ScotlandListed Buildings Register30833