Basic Site Details

Name: Elgin Joint County Infectious Diseases Hospital
Town, district or village: Elgin
City or county: Morayshire
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status:  
Grid ref:
Notes: Closed down; replaced in 1935 by Spynie Hospital

Building Type Classification

The building is classified under the following categories:
 ClassificationOriginal classification?Notes
Item 1 of 1Hospital  

Street Addresses

The following street addresses are associated with this building:
 AddressMain entrance?Notes
Item 1 of 2Hamilton DriveYes 
Item 2 of 2Moriston Park Original address

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 21900   
Item 2 of 21935  Replaced by Spynie Hospital

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 3A & W Reid & WittetArchitectural practiceA1900  
Item 2 of 3John WittetArchitectA1900  
Item 3 of 3William Charles ReidArchitectA1900  

References

Bibliographic References

The following books contain references to this building:
 Author(s)DateTitlePartPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 1Richardson, HarrietN.D.Scottish Hospitals Survey Unpublished typescript (copy in DMW Archive) 

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 2Elgin Library, Local Heritage CentreWittets & Co Collection DAWP3242 (1902-1935)
Item 2 of 2RIBA Archive, Victoria & Albert MuseumRIBA Nomination Papers John Wittet: L v26 no 2160