Basic Site Details

Name: Adamson Hospital
Town, district or village: Ceres
City or county: Fife
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status:  
Grid ref:
Notes: First Adamson Hospital, closed in 1883 when Ceres was decided to be an unsuitable site, and leased to the Leith Fortnight Holiday Scheme for underprivileged town children, who purchased it in 1901. New Adamson Hospital set up in Cupar in 1903 - see separate entry.

Building Type Classification

The building is classified under the following categories:
 ClassificationOriginal classification?Notes
Item 1 of 1Hospital  

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 21873  First Adamson hospital
Item 2 of 21883  Closed; leased to Leith Fortnight Holiday Scheme

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 1David MilneArchitect 1873  

References

Bibliographic References

The following books contain references to this building:
 Author(s)DateTitlePartPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 1Richardson, HarrietN.D.Scottish Hospitals Survey Unpublished typescript (copy in DMW Archive) 

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 1Glenrothes HouseFife Health Board Minute Books