Basic Site Details

Name: Established Church
Town, district or village: Glenboig
City or county: Lanarkshire
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status: Demolished
Grid ref:
Notes: Built as a mission church of New Monkland Parish. Cost 1500. Demolished as a result of subsidence. James Davidson plans for 1899 alterations (location uncertain) but DMW has copies

Building Type Classification

The building is classified under the following categories:
 ClassificationOriginal classification?Notes
Item 1 of 1Church  

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 318931894  
Item 2 of 324 February 1894 Foundation stone 
Item 3 of 31899  Porch and forestair added

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 4(Sir) John James BurnetArchitectA18931894 
Item 2 of 4Burnet Son & CampbellArchitectural practiceA18931894 
Item 3 of 4John Archibald CampbellArchitectA18931894 
Item 4 of 4James DavidsonArchitect 1899 Porch and forestair added

References

Periodical References

The following periodicals contain references to this building:
 Periodical NameDateEditionPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 1Coatbridge Express25 February 1894   

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 1Professor David M Walker personal archiveProfessor David M Walker, notes and collection of archive material Copies of Davidson plans