The following date-based events are associated with this building:
Original Inverewe Lodge or House. Burnt down.
25 April 1936
Shell of old building demolished
Planting round entrance and carpark redesigned.
Design and Construction
The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
The following individuals or organisations have commissioned work on this building/design:
For 1865 building - for her son Osgood Mackenzie. The estates of Inverewe and Kernsary acquired by Lady Mackenzie in February 1863. The Lochend and Tournaig estates were acquired the same year and incorporated into the Inverewe estate.
Sawyer, Mr and Mrs Ronald
Cleint for the 1930s house
The following books contain references to this building:
Ross and Cromarty: an illustrated architectural guiide
Highland and Islands (The Buildings of Scotland)
Wright, Anrdew PK
Conservation Plan for Inverewe
pp36-49 Information about Andrew Maitland from a letter written by William Fraser of the Caledonian Bank Inverness to the factor of the Cromartie estates in February 1869.