Basic Site Details

Name: Warehouse, 242-252 Sauchiehall Street
City or county: Glasgow
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status: B Listed
Grid ref:
Notes:  

Building Type Classification

The building is classified under the following categories:
 ClassificationOriginal classification?Notes
Item 1 of 1Warehouse  

Street Addresses

The following street addresses are associated with this building:
 AddressMain entrance?Notes
Item 1 of 26, Rose StreetYes 
Item 2 of 2242-252, Sauchiehall StreetYes 

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 31923  Alterations
Item 2 of 319241927Build/construction 
Item 3 of 31934  Internal alteration to staircase

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 7Alexander WrightArchitectA1923 Alterations
Item 2 of 7Edward Grigg WylieArchitectA1923 Alterations
Item 3 of 7Wright & WylieArchitectural practiceA1923 Alterations
Item 4 of 7Alexander WrightArchitectB19341935Internal alterations
Item 5 of 7Edward Grigg WylieArchitectB19341935Internal alterations
Item 6 of 7Frederick Robert WylieArchitectB19341935Internal alterations
Item 7 of 7Wylie, Wright & WylieArchitectural practiceB19341935Internal alterations

Clients

The following individuals or organisations have commissioned work on this building/design:
 NameNotes
Item 1 of 1Hunter, Margaret 

References

Bibliographic References

The following books contain references to this building:
 Author(s)DateTitlePartPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 1Royal Glasgow Institute of the Fine Arts1927   157

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 2Historic Environment ScotlandListed Buildings Register33117 
Item 2 of 2Strathclyde Regional ArchivesGlasgow Dean of Guild Ref: 1923/570, 1934/321 (internal alteration completed 18 January 1935)