Basic Site Details

Name: Viewforth
Town, district or village: Bo'ness / Borrowstouness
City or county: West Lothian
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status:  
Grid ref:
Notes:  

Alternative Names

The following alternative names are associated with this building/design:
 NameCurrent name?Notes
Item 1 of 1Viewforth Hotel name by 1945

Street Addresses

The following street addresses are associated with this building:
 AddressMain entrance?Notes
Item 1 of 116, Church Wynd  

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 4May 1895 Alterations and additionsPlans dated for alterations of offices
Item 2 of 4May 1934 Alterations and additionsPlans dated for alterations and additions
Item 3 of 4February 1946 Alterations and additionsPlans dated for alterations and additions
Item 4 of 4March 1946 Alterations and additionsPlans dated for alterations and additions

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 7James DoddsArchitect 1895 Alterations of offices
Item 2 of 7Matthew SteeleArchitect 1934 Alterations
Item 3 of 7David John ChisholmArchitectC1946 Additions and alterations - Dick Peddie, McKay & Jamieson in collaboration with Morton J H Cowie?
Item 4 of 7Dick Peddie, McKay & JamiesonArchitectural practiceC1946 Additions and alterations - in collaboration with Morton J H Cowie?
Item 5 of 7George Lindsay Auldjo JamiesonArchitectC1946 Additions and alterations - Dick Peddie, McKay & Jamieson in collaboration with Morton J H Cowie?
Item 6 of 7John Ross McKayArchitectC1946 Additions and alterations - Dick Peddie, McKay & Jamieson in collaboration with Morton J H Cowie?
Item 7 of 7Morton John Heddell CowieArchitectC1946 Additions and alterations - in collaboration with Dick Peddie, McKay & Jamieson?

Clients

The following individuals or organisations have commissioned work on this building/design:
 NameNotes
Item 1 of 3Allan, JamesClient for 1895 alterations
Item 2 of 3McFarlane, Group CaptainAdditional client in 1946
Item 3 of 3Sutherland, TClient for 1934 and 1946 alterations

References

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 3Falkirk Council ArchivesBo'ness Dean of Guild Records A998/1895/3002; A998/1934/3; A998/1946/5/1-2
Item 2 of 3National Monuments Record of Scotland/NMRS, RCAHMSCowie and Seaton Collection CSE 1950/2/1
Item 3 of 3Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of ScotlandCanmore48150