Basic Site Details

Name: Thomson & Norris Corrugated Cases factory
Town, district or village: Turnhouse
City or county: Edinburgh
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status:  
Grid ref:
Notes:  

Street Addresses

The following street addresses are associated with this building:
 AddressMain entrance?Notes
Item 1 of 1Turnhouse RoadYes 

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 31935   
Item 2 of 3December 1949 Scheme acceptedWarrant granted for erection of canteen, store and loading bank
Item 3 of 3January 1950  Plans to be prepared for canteen etc

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 4John Ross McKayArchitectA1935  
Item 2 of 4Richardson & McKayArchitectural practiceA1935 McKay responsible (in collaboration with Robert Sharp of London)
Item 3 of 4Robert SharpArchitectA1935  
Item 4 of 4Robert SharpArchitect 1949After 1950Architect for canteen, store and loading bank

Clients

The following individuals or organisations have commissioned work on this building/design:
 NameNotes
Item 1 of 1Thomson & Norris Manufacturing Co Ltd 

References

Periodical References

The following periodicals contain references to this building:
 Periodical NameDateEditionPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 3Architect and Building News1935Jan-June p119
Item 2 of 3Builder2 December 1949  p747
Item 3 of 3Builder27 January 1950  p150

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 1National Monuments Record of Scotland/NMRS, RCAHMSDick Peddie and McKay Collection Drawings