Basic Site Details

Name: Troqueer, Lanark Road
Town, district or village: Colinton
City or county: Edinburgh
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status:  
Grid ref:
Notes: It is possible that the 'House for Mrs Fairley' (for which plans by W J Kennedy are in Edinburgh Dean of Guild) and 'Troqueer' (mentioned in W J Kennedy's LRIBA papers and for which plans for alterations are in Edinburgh Dean of Guild) are different buildings, but it seems likely that they are one and the same. B of S attributes the original Troqueer to James Archibald Morris, c.1914, but this would appear to be incorrect.
CHECK

Street Addresses

The following street addresses are associated with this building:
 AddressMain entrance?Notes
Item 1 of 1327, Lanark RoadYes 

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 24 August 1908 Plans approved 
Item 2 of 2November 1919 Plans submittedGardener's cottage

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 5William James KennedyArchitect 1908  
Item 2 of 5James Archibald MorrisArchitect c. 1914 Attribution in B of S, but building is believed to be by W J Kennedy
Item 3 of 5Sydney Houghton MillerArchitectA1919 Gardener's cottage
Item 4 of 5Todd & MillerArchitectural practiceA1919 Gardener's cottage
Item 5 of 5William James Walker ToddArchitectA1919 Gardener's cottage

Clients

The following individuals or organisations have commissioned work on this building/design:
 NameNotes
Item 1 of 1Fairley, Mrs 

References

Bibliographic References

The following books contain references to this building:
 Author(s)DateTitlePartPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 1Gifford, John, McWilliam, Colin and Walker, David M1984Edinburgh (The Buildings of Scotland) Harmondsworth: Penguin Books Ltdp512

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 2Edinburgh City ArchivesMidlothian Dean of Guild Plans Plans for original house submitted 4 August 1908; plans for alterations submitted November 1919
Item 2 of 2RIBA Archive, Victoria & Albert MuseumRIBA Nomination Papers William James Kennedy: L v18 no1380