Basic Site Details

Name: St Bride's Chapel of Ease
Town, district or village: Dalry
City or county: Edinburgh
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status:  
Grid ref:
Notes: Cost: 7,000.

Built as a chapel of ease for West Coates. Became St Bride's Parish Church in 1923 and was united with Dalry Haymarket Parish Church in 1960, following which it was sold off and later became a community centre.

Alternative Names

The following alternative names are associated with this building/design:
 NameCurrent name?Notes
Item 1 of 2St Bride's Community CentreYesSince after the merger with Dalry Haymarket Parish Church in 1960
Item 2 of 2St Bride's Parish Church From 1923 until the merger with Dalry Haymarket Parish Church in 1960

Street Addresses

The following street addresses are associated with this building:
 AddressMain entrance?Notes
Item 1 of 1Orwell TerraceYes 

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 119081909Construction 

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 3Arthur George Sydney MitchellArchitectA19081909 
Item 2 of 3George WilsonArchitectA19081909 
Item 3 of 3Sydney Mitchell & WilsonArchitectural practiceA19081909 

References

Bibliographic References

The following books contain references to this building:
 Author(s)DateTitlePartPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 2Cant, Malcolm1995Gorgie and Dalry Edinburgh: Malcolm Cant Publicationspp76-8
Item 2 of 2Gifford, John, McWilliam, Colin and Walker, David M1984Edinburgh (The Buildings of Scotland) Harmondsworth: Penguin Books Ltdp504