Basic Site Details

Name: Mains of Coul, farmhouse and steading
City or county: Ross and Cromarty
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status:  
Grid ref:
Notes:  

Alternative Names

The following alternative names are associated with this building/design:
 NameCurrent name?Notes
Item 1 of 1Coul MainsYes 

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 314 July 1853 Journal referenceAdditions and alterations to house and steading
Item 2 of 39 August 1884 Journal referenceAlterations to steading and farmhouse and new farm servants' cottages
Item 3 of 321 June 1887 Journal referenceAlterations to steading

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 3Alexander MesserArchitect 1853 Additions and alterations to house and steading
Item 2 of 3William Cumming JoassArchitectA1884 Alterations to steading and farmhouse and new farm servants' cottages
Item 3 of 3William Cumming JoassArchitectB1887 Alterations to steading

Related Buildings, Structures and Designs

Parent Structure and Site

This structure is related to the following parent structure or site (click the item to view details):
 Building nameNotes
Item 1 of 1Coul House 

References

Periodical References

The following periodicals contain references to this building:
 Periodical NameDateEditionPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 3Inverness Courier14 July 1853   
Item 2 of 3Inverness Courier9 August 1884   
Item 3 of 3Inverness Courier21 June 1887