Basic Site Details

Name: Dalbreck Lodge
Town, district or village: Strathconon
City or county: Ross and Cromarty
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status:  
Grid ref:
Notes: Cost of 1896 or 1897 work 1720

Alternative Names

The following alternative names are associated with this building/design:
 NameCurrent name?Notes
Item 1 of 2Dalbreac LodgeYes 
Item 2 of 2DalbreackYes 

Building Type Classification

The building is classified under the following categories:
 ClassificationOriginal classification?Notes
Item 1 of 1Lodge  

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 620 December 1855 Journal referenceAdditions to kennels, farmhouse and forester's house
Item 2 of 616 October 1891 Journal referenceAdditions
Item 3 of 622 December 1896 Journal referenceGamekeeper's house
Item 4 of 612 November 1897 Journal referenceOffices
Item 5 of 619121913 Additions to head keeper's house
Item 6 of 66 May 1913 Journal referenceAdditions to head keeper's house

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 12Alexander MesserArchitectD1855 Additions to kennels, farmhouse and forester's house
Item 2 of 12Alexander RossArchitectA1891 Additions
Item 3 of 12Robert John MacbethArchitectA1891 Additions
Item 4 of 12Ross & MacbethArchitectural practiceA1891 Additions
Item 5 of 12Alexander RossArchitectB1896 Gamekeeper's house
Item 6 of 12Robert John MacbethArchitectB1896 Gamekeeper's house
Item 7 of 12Ross & MacbethArchitectural practiceB1896 Gamekeeper's house
Item 8 of 12Alexander RossArchitectC1897 Offices
Item 9 of 12Donald MacDonaldArchitectC1897 As apprentice to Ross & Macbeth supervised additions - and perhaps gamekeeper's house the previous year as well?
Item 10 of 12Robert John MacbethArchitectC1897 Offices
Item 11 of 12Ross & MacbethArchitectural practiceC1897 Offices
Item 12 of 12Robert John MacbethArchitectE1912(?) Additions to head keeper's house - apparently completed posthumously, in 1913

Related Buildings, Structures and Designs

Child Structures

This structure or site has the following component or child structures (click on an item to view details):
 Building NameNotes
Item 1 of 1Dalbreck, farmhouse 

References

Periodical References

The following periodicals contain references to this building:
 Periodical NameDateEditionPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 5Inverness Courier20 December 1855   
Item 2 of 5Inverness Courier16 October 1891   
Item 3 of 5Inverness Courier22 December 1896   
Item 4 of 5Inverness Courier12 November 1897   
Item 5 of 5Inverness Courier6 May 1913   

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 1RIBA Archive, Victoria & Albert MuseumRIBA Nomination Papers Donald MacDonald: L v22 no1718