Basic Site Details

Name: St Andrew's Episcopal Church
Town, district or village: Fortrose
City or county: Ross and Cromarty
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status: B Listed
Grid ref:
Notes:  

Street Addresses

The following street addresses are associated with this building:
 AddressMain entrance?Notes
Item 1 of 1Academy StreetYes 

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 518231828 Original church
Item 2 of 53 February 1891 Journal referenceAlterations and additions (restoration)
Item 3 of 51904  Baptistery at west end
Item 4 of 51907  Chancel built
Item 5 of 51913  Vestry (dated)

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 9Alexander RossArchitectA1891 Alterations and additions (restoration)
Item 2 of 9Robert John MacbethArchitectA1891 Alterations and additions (restoration)
Item 3 of 9Ross & MacbethArchitectural practiceA1891 Alterations and additions (restoration)
Item 4 of 9Alexander RossArchitectB1904 Baptistery
Item 5 of 9Robert John MacbethArchitectB1904 Baptistery
Item 6 of 9Ross & MacbethArchitectural practiceB1904 Baptistery
Item 7 of 9Alexander RossArchitectC1907 Chancel
Item 8 of 9Robert John MacbethArchitectC1907 Chancel
Item 9 of 9Ross & MacbethArchitectural practiceC1907 Chancel

References

Periodical References

The following periodicals contain references to this building:
 Periodical NameDateEditionPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 2Inverness Courier3 February 1891   
Item 2 of 2Inverness Courier13 December 1904   

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 2Historic Environment ScotlandListed Buildings Register31803 
Item 2 of 2National Monuments Record of Scotland/NMRS, RCAHMSList of jobs supplied by Mr Alistair Ross, Inverness (given to NMRS in 1950s)