Basic Site Details

Name: Langavat
Town, district or village: Kilmacolm/Kilmalcolm
City or county: Renfrewshire
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status:  
Grid ref:
Notes: The house is now known as ‘Heathmount’, having variously been called ’Langavat’ by its first owner J.P. Douglas of the William Hollins Mill Company in Bridgeton (the McKissacks did quite a bit of work for the company), then ‘Eriskay’ when it was owned by Walter MacDonald Berguis, founder of the Kelvin Diesel Engine Company, then ‘Enterkin’ when it was owned by architect Frank Russell Burnet (who added a ballroom to the building in 1924/5) and finally ‘Heathmount’ when, presumably, F.R. Burnet moved out, taking the name ‘Enterkin’ to another house further along Glencairn Road.

Alternative Names

The following alternative names are associated with this building/design:
 NameCurrent name?Notes
Item 1 of 4Enterkin  
Item 2 of 4Eriskay  
Item 3 of 4HeathmountYes 
Item 4 of 4LangavitYes 

Street Addresses

The following street addresses are associated with this building:
 AddressMain entrance?Notes
Item 1 of 1Glencairn Road  

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 21903 Plans dated 
Item 2 of 21905 Build/construction 

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 3James McKissackArchitectA19031905 
Item 2 of 3John McKissackArchitectA19031905 
Item 3 of 3John McKissack & SonArchitectural practiceA19031905 

Clients

The following individuals or organisations have commissioned work on this building/design:
 NameNotes
Item 1 of 1Douglas, J P of William Hollins Mill CompanyOriginal client

References

Bibliographic References

The following books contain references to this building:
 Author(s)DateTitlePartPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 1Who's Who in Architecture1914    

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 3Courtesy of Mr Peter RamsayInformation sent via 'Contact Us' on website Sent March 2015
Item 2 of 3Paisley Museum and LibraryKilmacolm Dean of Guild McKissack drawings
Item 3 of 3RIBA Archive, Victoria & Albert MuseumRIBA Nomination Papers James McKissack: L v19 no 1435