Basic Site Details

Name: Cambuslang West Parish Church
Town, district or village: Cambuslang
City or county: Lanarkshire
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status: Demolished
Grid ref:
Notes: Foundation stone laid December 1888 and the church opened in 1889.
United with Rosebank Church in 1955. Demolished in 1966

Alternative Names

The following alternative names are associated with this building/design:
 NameCurrent name?Notes
Item 1 of 1Salvation Army Citadel  

Building Type Classification

The building is classified under the following categories:
 ClassificationOriginal classification?Notes
Item 1 of 1Parish Church  

Street Addresses

The following street addresses are associated with this building:
 AddressMain entrance?Notes
Item 1 of 1Glasgow Road (Janebank)  

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 118881889Build/construction 

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 3John McKissackArchitectAc. 1885  
Item 2 of 3McKissack & RowanArchitectural practiceAc. 1885  
Item 3 of 3William Gardner RowanArchitectAc. 1885  

References

Bibliographic References

The following books contain references to this building:
 Author(s)DateTitlePartPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 1Cormack, Ian L1993Around Old Cambuslang   

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 3National Monuments Record of Scotland/NMRS, RCAHMSNMRS Architects Index  
Item 2 of 3RIBA Archive, Victoria & Albert MuseumRIBA Nomination Papers William Gardner Rowan: F v19 p104 no1404 (microfilm reel 12)
Item 3 of 3Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of ScotlandCanmoreID 164885Reference partly confused with Rosebank Church