Basic Site Details

Name: Clepington Church Hall
City or county: Dundee
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status:  
Grid ref:
Notes:  

Alternative Names

The following alternative names are associated with this building/design:
 NameCurrent name?Notes
Item 1 of 2Boyd Hall This is the 1933 hall
Item 2 of 2Coldside Parish Church Hall  

Building Type Classification

The building is classified under the following categories:
 ClassificationOriginal classification?Notes
Item 1 of 1Church hall  

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 21874   
Item 2 of 219321933AdditionHall added

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 4George Shaw AitkenArchitectA1874 Commission for church lost to Alexander Johnston
Item 2 of 4James MaclarenArchitectA1874 Commission for church lost to Alexander Johnston
Item 3 of 4Maclaren & AitkenArchitectural practiceA1874 Commission for church lost to Alexander Johnston
Item 4 of 4Joseph JohnstonArchitectD19321933New hall added

Related Buildings, Structures and Designs

Parent Structure and Site

This structure is related to the following parent structure or site (click the item to view details):
 Building nameNotes
Item 1 of 1Clepington ChurchThere is considerable conflict of information about the design and building of this church. See below. Drawings need to be re-visited.

References

Bibliographic References

The following books contain references to this building:
 Author(s)DateTitlePartPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 1Gifford, John2012The Buildings of Scotland: Angus and Dundee Yalep228

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 1Dundee Planning Department/NMRSDundee Approved Duplicate Plans (Originals in NMRS for dates 1867-1883; otherwise on microfilm)