Basic Site Details

Name: Two Blocks of Commercial Premises on Watson Street
City or county: Glasgow
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status: Demolished
Grid ref:
Notes: Estimated cost of both blocks: 20,000.
Second block demolished.
Drawing of elevations at NAS (exactly where uncertain).

Building all demolished by 2016 therefore deleted from HES List

Street Addresses

The following street addresses are associated with this building:
 AddressMain entrance?Notes
Item 1 of 5118 - 126, Bell StreetYesBlock two
Item 2 of 5118 - 126, Graeme Street Block two (original street name)
Item 3 of 5McPherson StreetYes 
Item 4 of 517 - 23, Watson StreetYesBlock one
Item 5 of 539, Watson StreetYesBlock two

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 318761877  
Item 2 of 31996 DemolitionWatson and Bell Streets block
Item 3 of 3Before 2016 Destruction/demolitionNumber 17 demolished by 2016 and removed from list. Unclear if part of the building still extant.

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 3Alexander ThomsonArchitectAc. 1875 Probably an earlier Thomson design erected posthumously by Turnbull
Item 2 of 3A & G Thomson & TurnbullArchitectural practiceA18761877Probably an earlier Thomson design erected posthumously by Turnbull
Item 3 of 3Robert TurnbullArchitectA18761877Probably an earlier Thomson design erected posthumously by Turnbull

Clients

The following individuals or organisations have commissioned work on this building/design:
 NameNotes
Item 1 of 1Miller, Gavin Bell 

References

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 2Historic Environment ScotlandListed Buildings Register33862 
Item 2 of 2Strathclyde Regional ArchivesGlasgow Dean of Guild 28 December 1876, 11 January 1877