|Three Cedarwood Houses, Glenlomond Sanatorium||Three red cedar houses built in the grounds of the Sanatorium by Cowiesons Limited were officially opened in July 1945. Claimed to be permanent, with a life expectancy of 60 years, these had been erected by 12 workmen in four weeks and were intended for occupation by members of staff. The Glasgow Herald provided a description as follows:|
Each house is prefabricated and contains a large living room, kitchen, two bedrooms and bathroom. Electricity has been installed for the heating lighting and cooking and the most modern fitments have been included in the way of a glass built-in sideboard, a folding kitchen table, folding ironing board and drying room.
Cowiesons had introduced this house type in 1943 and had already received 4,000 orders. Present at the opening were F D Cowieson, managing director and G Lockie, manager of Cowiesons.