Basic Site Details

Name: St Luke's Church
Town, district or village: Broughty Ferry
City or county: Dundee
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status: A Listed
Grid ref:
Notes: Congregation merged with Queen Street Church (see separate entry) in 1953; the latter building subsequently used for a time as church halls.

Alternative Names

The following alternative names are associated with this building/design:
 NameCurrent name?Notes
Item 1 of 2St Luike's Free Church  
Item 2 of 2St Luke's and Queen Street ChurchYesSince 1953

Building Type Classification

The building is classified under the following categories:
 ClassificationOriginal classification?Notes
Item 1 of 1Church  

Street Addresses

The following street addresses are associated with this building:
 AddressMain entrance?Notes
Item 1 of 1West Queen StreetYes 

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 21884 Design exhibited 
Item 2 of 218841885Build/construction 

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 1Hippolyte Jean BlancArchitect 1884  

References

Bibliographic References

The following books contain references to this building:
 Author(s)DateTitlePartPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 2Gifford, John2012The Buildings of Scotland: Angus and Dundee Yalep391
Item 2 of 2RSA1884   862

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 3Dundee Planning DepartmentBroughty Ferry Approved Duplicate Plans Book 1, pp98-100, 105
Item 2 of 3Historic Environment ScotlandListed Buildings Register25885 
Item 3 of 3RIBA Archive, Victoria & Albert MuseumRIBA Nomination Papers Hippolyte Jean Blanc: F v13 p142 no844 (microfilm reel 11)