Basic Site Details

Name: The Glen
Town, district or village: Helensburgh
City or county: Dunbartonshire
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status:  
Grid ref:
Notes:  

Alternative Names

The following alternative names are associated with this building/design:
 NameCurrent name?Notes
Item 1 of 1The GlenairYes 

Street Addresses

The following street addresses are associated with this building:
 AddressMain entrance?Notes
Item 1 of 224, Queen StreetYesAddress after renumbering
Item 2 of 222, Queen Street Original address

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 21 August 1892  Additional storey to outbuildings - plans dated
Item 2 of 229 April 1929  Extension - plans dated

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 3William LeiperArchitect 1892 Additional storey to outbuildings
Item 2 of 3Galt & BarrArchitectural practiceB1929 Extension
Item 3 of 3John GaltArchitectB1929 Extension

Clients

The following individuals or organisations have commissioned work on this building/design:
 NameNotes
Item 1 of 3Anderson, D HClient for 1892 work
Item 2 of 3Thomson, Agnes MilroyClient with Thomas Craston Thomson for 1929 extension
Item 3 of 3Thomson, Thomas CrastonClient with Agney Milroy Thomson for 1929 extension

References

Bibliographic References

The following books contain references to this building:
 Author(s)DateTitlePartPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 1McDonald, William (ed)1999Burgh of Helensburgh Dean of Guild Court Records 1875-1975 Argyll & Bute Council Library & Information Service and Argyll & Bute Archives 

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 1Argyll & Bute Council ArchivesHelensburgh Dean of Guild 16/1892; 8/1929