Basic Site Details

Name: Glenkin
Town, district or village: Helensburgh
City or county: Dunbartonshire
Country: Scotland
Parish:  
Status: B Listed
Grid ref:
Notes:  

Alternative Names

The following alternative names are associated with this building/design:
 NameCurrent name?Notes
Item 1 of 3Cornwall HouseYes 
Item 2 of 3Glen Kin  
Item 3 of 3Inistore Name in 1913

Building Type Classification

The building is classified under the following categories:
 ClassificationOriginal classification?Notes
Item 1 of 1House  

Street Addresses

The following street addresses are associated with this building:
 AddressMain entrance?Notes
Item 1 of 358, James Street Address given in 1936
Item 2 of 376, John StreetYesAddress after renumbering
Item 3 of 372, John Street Original address

Events

The following date-based events are associated with this building:
 FromToEvent typeNotes
Item 1 of 329 April 1889  Major extension - plans dated
Item 2 of 310 November 1913  Extension - plans dated
Item 3 of 31 June 1936  Addition of library - plans dated

People

Design and Construction

The following individuals or organisations have carried out design/construction work. Where architects or practices worked together, matching letters appear beside their names in the Partnership Group column.
 NameRolePartnership GroupFromToNotes
Item 1 of 6William LeiperArchitect 1889 Major extension
Item 2 of 6Leiper & McNabArchitectural practice 1913 Extension - McNab responsible
Item 3 of 6William Hunter McNabArchitect 1913 Extension
Item 4 of 6Alastair Frew Wallace (or Alexander Frew Wallace)ArchitectB1936 Addition of library
Item 5 of 6Noad & WallaceArchitectural practiceB1936 Addition of library
Item 6 of 6Richard Mervyn Noad (or simply Mervyn Noad)ArchitectB1936 Addition of library

Clients

The following individuals or organisations have commissioned work on this building/design:
 NameNotes
Item 1 of 3Anderson, Annie TempletonClient in 1936 with her husband, John Graham Anderson
Item 2 of 3Anderson, John GrahamClient in 1936 with his wife, Mrs Annie Templeton Anderson
Item 3 of 3Anderson, William (Captain)Client for major extension of 1889 and in 1913

References

Bibliographic References

The following books contain references to this building:
 Author(s)DateTitlePartPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 2McDonald, William (ed)1999Burgh of Helensburgh Dean of Guild Court Records 1875-1975 Argyll & Bute Council Library & Information Service and Argyll & Bute Archives 
Item 2 of 2Walker, F A2000Argyll and Bute (The Buildings of Scotland)  p286

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this building:
 SourceArchive nameSource catalogue no.Notes
Item 1 of 2Argyll & Bute Council ArchivesHelensburgh Dean of Guild Plans box 1883-1889 (14/1889); 28/1913; 10/1936
Item 2 of 2Historic Environment ScotlandListed Buildings Register34798