Basic Biographical Details

Name: Reiach & Cowan
Designation: Architectural practice
Started:  
Ended:  
Bio Notes: With the help of a senior lecturing post at Edinburgh College of Art Alan Reiach managed to re-establish his practice in 1948, forming a single-project partnership with a colleague at the College, Ralph Cowan, to design the new College of Agriculture at the University of Edinburgh's King's Buildings site. By 1957 Reiach was so busy he had to resign from the College of Art and in the same year he took Renton into partnership, followed by George Macnab.

Employment and Training

Employees or Pupils

The following individuals were employed or trained by this architectural practice (click on an item to view details):
 NameDate fromDate toPositionNotes
Item 1 of 5(Professor) Ralph Cowan  Partner 
Item 2 of 5Alan Reiach  Partner 
Item 3 of 5Thomas ('Tom') Riddell Spaven1950(?)1952Architect 
Item 4 of 5(Professor) George Alexander Macnab (misspelt McNab)1954 Assistant 
Item 5 of 5Andrew Jacksonc. 1954 Architect 

Buildings and Designs

This architectural practice was involved with the following buildings or structures from the date specified (click on an item to view details):
 Date startedBuilding nameTown, district or villageIslandCity or countyCountryNotes
Item 1 of 31948University of Edinburgh, King's Buildings, Department of Agriculture  EdinburghScotland 
Item 2 of 31952Local Centre, WhitemossEast Kilbride LanarkshireScotland 
Item 3 of 31955Cottage near Pencaitland Pencaitland East LothianScotland 

References

Currently, there are no references for this architectural practice. The information has been derived from: the British Architectural Library / RIBA Directory of British Architects 1834-1914; Post Office Directories; and/or any sources listed under this individual's works.