Basic Biographical Details

Name: Bamber & Hall
Designation: Architectural practice
Started: After 1962
Ended:  
Bio Notes: Douglas Haig Bamber and David Malcolm Hall formed a partnership after 1962. By 1967 they had taken various others people into partnership and the name of the practice had been changed to Bamber Hall & Partners.

Private and Business Addresses

The following private or business addresses are associated with this architectural practice:
 AddressTypeDate fromDate toNotes
Item 1 of 3Castle Street, Edinburgh, ScotlandBusiness19491957 
Item 2 of 327, Rutland Square, Edinburgh, ScotlandBusiness19571966 
Item 3 of 312, Greenhill Gardens, Edinburgh, ScotlandPrivate1962 *  

* earliest date known from documented sources.


Employment and Training

Employees or Pupils

The following individuals were employed or trained by this architectural practice (click on an item to view details):
 NameDate fromDate toPositionNotes
Item 1 of 4Douglas Haig BamberAfter 1962 Partner 
Item 2 of 4David Malcolm Hallc. 1962 Partner 
Item 3 of 4Eric WilloxBefore 1965 Architect 
Item 4 of 4Ian Bewsher Belfordc. 1970 Architect 

Buildings and Designs

This architectural practice was involved with the following buildings or structures from the date specified (click on an item to view details):
 Date startedBuilding nameTown, district or villageIslandCity or countyCountryNotes
Item 1 of 111960sDunfermline Cottage HospitalDunfermline FifeScotlandTwin theatres added and Gilles Maternity Wing (unclear if the theatres are in the maternity wing or quite separate). Also staff accommodation and upgrading work.
Item 2 of 111960sLongniddry Golf Clubhouse and Club Master's HouseLongniddry East LothianScotlandUpgrading
Item 3 of 111960sNorthern HospitalDunfermline FifeScotlandUpgrading work
Item 4 of 111962Comprehensive Secondary School, West CalderWest Calder MidlothianScotlandOr perhaps still Fairbrother Hall & Hedges at this date
Item 5 of 111962Factory for Ferranti, Thornybank [Thorniebank]Dalkeith MidlothianScotland 
Item 6 of 111964Fire Station, McDonald Road  EdinburghScotland 
Item 7 of 111964Marionville Fire Station & 3 HousesMarionville EdinburghScotland 
Item 8 of 111966Ferranti , Silverknowes PremisesSilverknowes EdinburghScotland 
Item 9 of 111966Ferranti Ltd FactoryGorgie EdinburghScotland 
Item 10 of 11c. 1966Factory for Ferranti Ltd., DundeeDundee Industrial Estate DundeeScotlandManufacturing area & two-storey office block. Optical laboratories added at some point in 1960s.
Item 11 of 111971Lothian Regional Council Water Department officeFairmilehead EdinburghScotland 

References

Currently, there are no references for this architectural practice. The information has been derived from: the British Architectural Library / RIBA Directory of British Architects 1834-1914; Post Office Directories; and/or any sources listed under this individual's works.