Basic Biographical Details

Name: Stevenson & Adams
Designation: Architectural practice
Started: 1876
Ended: After 1878
Bio Notes: John James Stevenson first employed Alfred J Adams as assistant when the latter was first in London in January 1875. He succeeded Robson as Stevenson's partner in 1876. He was still in partnership with Stevenson in September 1878 when they designed 1 and 2 Lowther Gardens in London, but shortly thereafter Adams set up on his own, continuing to provide Stevenson with perspectives until at least 1880.

Employment and Training

Employees or Pupils

The following individuals were employed or trained by this architectural practice (click on an item to view details):
 NameDate fromDate toPositionNotes
Item 1 of 2Alfred J Adams1876September 1878Partner 
Item 2 of 2John James Stevenson1876September 1878Partner 

References

Bibliographic References

The following books contain references to this architectural practice:
 Author(s)DateTitlePartPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 2Girouard, Mark1977Sweetness and Light: The Queen Anne Movement  pp69, 82, 93, 126
Item 2 of 2Survey of London Survey of London  XLV South Kensington: Brompton, pp52-54

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this architectural practice:
 SourceArchive NameSource Catalogue No.Notes
Item 1 of 2GROCensus 1881 Per Professor Andrew Saint
Item 2 of 2Southwark Diocesan ArchivesSouthwark Diocesan Archives Per Professor Andrew Saint