Basic Biographical Details

Name: James Hay & Partners
Designation: Architectural practice
Started: After 1898
Ended: May 1920
Bio Notes: James Scott Hay was born in Edinburgh in 1871 and served his apprenticeship in an as yet unidentified Edinburgh practice. In 1896 or 1897 he moved to Kilmarnock to become an assistant to Gabriel Andrew, commencing independent practice at 9 John Dickie Street in 1898 where after a number of years the practice became James Hay & Partners. In May 1920 he took his then chief assistant Gabriel Steel (born 1888) into partnership, the firm becoming Hay & Steel.

Private and Business Addresses

The following private or business addresses are associated with this architectural practice:
 AddressTypeDate fromDate toNotes
Item 1 of 1Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, ScotlandBusiness   

Employment and Training

Employees or Pupils

The following individuals were employed or trained by this architectural practice (click on an item to view details):
 NameDate fromDate toPositionNotes
Item 1 of 1James Scott HayBefore 1898May 1920Partner 

Buildings and Designs

This architectural practice was involved with the following buildings or structures from the date specified (click on an item to view details):
 Date startedBuilding nameTown, district or villageIslandCity or countyCountryNotes
Item 1 of 1After 1910Kirklandside HospitalKilmarnock AyrshireScotland 

References

Currently, there are no references for this architectural practice. The information has been derived from: the British Architectural Library / RIBA Directory of British Architects 1834-1914; Post Office Directories; and/or any sources listed under this individual's works.